Before applying for a counselling placement with us, you must fall into the following criteria and be able to provide the following:
- Must be completing a Level 4 recognised Diploma course and be signed off as competent to practice by your course tutor - copy will be required.
- Two Counselling related references.
- Enhanced Full DBS check required (prior), for working with Adults - Additional one off payment of £55 at application process required to complete your DBS, to work under the umbrella of Counsellors Together CIC.
- You agree to monthly Supervision and this will be provided by Counsellors Together, as per BACP guidelines and there will be a cost to the student. (see below).
- You agree to enrol, or have completed, a specific telephone and online training course. (Most students are enrolling via the Counselling Tutor). A copy of Certification will be required before placement can commence. (all Counselling services are currently offered by Telephone or Online).
Counselling placements will run for a minimum of 12 months. There will be a monthly fee of £70, for your placement, which covers your Membership, monthly 1.5 hours of supervision and practice insurance.
Termination of all placements will require a minimum of a 2 month notice period.
Conflict of Interest - If you are interested in a placement with Counsellors Together CIC, we ask that before applying with us, you are not in any other placement, or considering additional placements.
If you are successful at expression of interest application stage, interviews will take place on a date to be arranged with adequate notice. Unfortunately we are not in a position to negotiate days and times.